Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

How many?

52! Holy crap, why don't you dig my grave already :^ )

It's more like 25, and that's in a perfect year where nothing interferes. Still it's been a while now so it adds up to a lot.

First, delam is delam. We all wish they'd use a better adhesive, they don't, so be it. It can also be dealt with if you catch it at the right time, so it's a minor quibble and not what I'm talking about. It is also the only time people know they have an issue before sending me anything.

The problems bothering me people never know they had. There is no way to know how badly a tension button is applied or if the mylar is on wrong unless you de-sock them. It comes as a shock to the owners. I have also seen enough old models to know these problems do not occur on them. They simply do not.

Now, the OP's problem I have not seen, but I have seen other casual errors of this type. That's the sort of thing I'd expect to once in a while slip thru a production line, and if that were it, no big deal.

But tension buttons so badly applied the mylar is literally buckled, the wires stretched and distorted and beginning to rip off, the mylar so mislaid it is literally rippled and as a result the wires are not laying where they should be.... this is inexcuseable. It's also becoming a far too common sight, and it's hardly hard to miss. It also does not occur on older models.

Mis-laid mylar I have seen 3 cases of. I have heard about 2 others. But it's SO obviously wrong when you see it one can't imagine how it got thru the door.

Tension button issues however I can't count on 2 hands. This is almost pandemic. I cannot recall the last pair I saw that did not have at least 1 mis-applied button. Probably the 2.7's I bought for myself last year. This may be due to their application method. Old ones (like my 2.7) are put on with rivets. They are always perfect. New ones are screwed in.

I don't think people post about it because as I said, most don't know they have these problems and those that do took care of it, what's to post about? For the record the pair of mine that guy listed to sell on here last month had buckled tension buttons, and probably because it was so cold when he shipped them to the new owner they pulled enough that they actually ripped the mylar. I had to send the guy a patch to fix them. This should not be happening.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.