Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: well this * IS * 2009

And a lot things come into play; ie:

employee salaries, their health care, insurance, etc.,

Retooling, overtime to keep up with orders etc.,
From Green Lantern:

Jim Winey may be frugal but he's no fool. He takes care of his crew. Evident in the since that he could've 'easily' sent his designs overseas, and assembled by folks who probably make $2 a day; shipped back here and sold for tens of thousands more (the $12K 20.1 [original price] can hold their own against ANY >$20k product.....easily).

But the man had a vision. And I'm sure his vision statement early on was to make a product worthy enough to be called the 'best' but also within the grips of the masses, the 'music lovers'.

Unfortunately his vision is a dying breed in this World of greed (noting wrong with capitalism; but I'll digress).

---------------------------------------------------------

I also agree with Green Lantern. - Magnepan is one of the few speaker manufacturers that has produced truly high-end, high-fidelity speakers at rational prices for an extended period, despite increasing costs (labor, utilities, shipping, raw materials, manuf. components, taxes, insurance, fuel, etc., etc.). - I would hate to see them go under.

Jim Cate

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: well this * IS * 2009 - Jim Cate 10:14:28 01/12/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.