Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Ahhhh, I Was Waiting For That!

"Want a good sounding CD? (of COURSE, you do)"

Sure, a disc that sounds nice is always nicer, but I would rather have 1 disc full of music I liked no matter what it sounded like than 20 that sounded great but did not engage me musically. When I sit and listen to stuff I pick what I want to hear, not what sounds best.

I am not saying you suggested this, but far too many "audiophiles" are more worried about how their stereo sounds, and to that end listen to nothing but stuff that re-inforces how it sounds. (even if it's lifeless)

To a degree I was guilty myself in what I suggested to GL, however I only did so because I happened to recently buy the album and not because it was recorded well but because I liked what I heard from it. That it sounded good as well is just a bonus I discovered upon getting it and upon reading his post thought he might like it.

Want to take a test? Go here and spend a whole $7.99 on the Capstan Shafts album Euridice Proudhon. It is the most deliberately poorly recorded train wreck of an album I ever heard and it's a joy to listen to. It's so "wrong" in so many ways I can't even begin to describe it. (bizarre miking, over modulation, songs starting apparently some time into the track already...) Yet it is quintessential pop. I would be really curious to hear what people in this "realm" thought of it. It breaks every rule of audio, but adheres to every rule of pop. Which does matter most?

If you aren't brave and need a clip first, you can hear one here.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.