Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Hehe ... have I got a plan 4 U!! :-)) (looong)

Hi andyr,
I am having a little trouble finding the "Ultimate IIIa Tweaks". I'm still learning to get around here. Could you send me a link to it? I would like to say thanks for the help in advance.

I have basic working knowledge of schematics. Not the greatest, but I read blueprint for a living so I should be able to figure it out I think. But I Have done my far share of soldering.

A little back ground may help... The IIIa's have about 50 Hr. on them since Magnepan rewired them. The serial #S on the IIIa's are 065369-1 and -2 and on the tweeters 60-6200.

Next you asked about the room size it is 24 'x 15' with the same pitched ceiling center at 14'. The one thing that may be a problem is one of the longer walls (25') is only 4' tall to the center of the room. There are five steps up to a 15' x 15' dinning room that is part of the open floor plan. Kind of like an "L" with the short part of the "L" being set up about 4'.

If you could recommend a passive XO and amps. That is were I was thinking of starting. The equipment I have from the box speakers are as follows..
1) Harmon Kardon AVR 80
2) Carver A-500 X .....400W X 2 into 4ohms
3) GAS Son of Ampzilla..... I am not sure on the specs. on it. It was recommended by a friend the has MG III's not IIIa's before I bought the IIIa's
Bullfrogg ( grantwoodphoto@aol.com )

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Hehe ... have I got a plan 4 U!! :-)) (looong) - Bullfrogg 22:49:40 04/28/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.