Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Peter the great

Peter is in sort of a unique position - what he's doing is in my estimation exactly what this board is all about; namely, getting the most out of Maggies. He's a hobbyist whose mods have attracted requests. Apparently some people think highly enough of his modifications that they've asked for his time and labor on their behalf. That he charges for performing his mods is inevitable - he can't be expected to do them for free.

I would hate to see Peter's participation reigned in. In my opinion that would not serve the interests of people here, nor the spirit of this board. I bet more than one Mugger been inspired by Peter's work to roll up their sleeves and get busy. And obviously more than one has chosen to ask that Peter do the work.

It would be a real shame to punish Peter with a muzzle for having done what this board is all about to the extent that people are willing to pay him to do the same for them. The people on this board have become his friends, and now he's probably wondering whether he has to choose between being able to participate on this board as a friend and fellow hobbyist on the one hand, and having a small business on the other.

I cast my token vote in favor of inviting Peter to continue participating as he has in the past - as an enthusiastic hobbyist, only now with the letter "M" there so that the appropriate tees are dotted and eyes are crossed.

Duke

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.