Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Modified MG 1.6 pics

Hi "Bored",

Whilst I appreciate you need to establish some basic rules governing Forum posting, I suggest you - as the Moderator - need to "interpret" these rules from time to time.

We (the MUG members) don't want unwanted people flogging to us but (AFAIAC) we do want to learn about things that will improve the sound we get from our Maggies. Certainly having "M" after our moniker is a good thing to warn people where someone is coming from - and maybe you wouldn't have come down so hard on PG if he'd bothered to change his status - but I certainly value input from, say, Grant V ... even though he's classified as an "M"!! :-))

I appreciate that some uptight individuals might've written to you saying "why is that obviously commercial member PG able to get away with advertising his Maggie frame rebuilds on the MUG Forum" but, given the overwhelmingly positive response from MUG members who posted responses to his posts about his new solid-wood frames, I would've thought you would be doing a service to us Maggie owners by letting him post ... as long as he references his website, where the commercial side is dealt with (rather than directly posting prices on MUG).

After all, this is the Maggie owners' home ... people who want to improve the sound of their Maggies visit here (and there are plenty of Maggie owners who *never* visit here because they are not the kind of people who want to improve their Maggies ... they just simply live with them until another make grabs their fancy - and their wallet!). :-))

Just my 2c worth! :-))

Regards,

Andy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Modified MG 1.6 pics - andyr 03:47:55 04/26/07 (1)
    • Thank You - Peter Gunn 07:02:37 04/26/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.