Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: There it is!

That amp at the bottom of the page is the one I was referencing. I think it was the first class H amplifier on the market. A salesman was trying to get me interested in one as opposed to an Adcom GFA-555. He tried to convince me that it was way better and more powerful and cheaper! It was cheaper; that was certain. I thought it sounded horrible compared to the Adcom. That was my first, and only experience with a "pro" amp.

I did buy a Carver M400t on a whim once. It was kind of impressive that such a small, lightweight amplifier could produce such power, but it didn't sound good. Power isn't everything. Like you said, we've all made purchases we'd probably rather not admit (what the heck, I'm not really ashamed).

Some day I hope to purchase a real high-end amplifier, but I'm okay with my Acurus for now - it isn't the weak link in my system.

Oooh, micro-brews! There's one in Davis, California called Sudwerk that brews superb beer. Good for you that you don't drink. I don't drink much, but I do enjoy the occasional beer. I also used to enjoy some fantastic wine when I lived in Germany - had a wine shop, a cheese shop and a bakery almost right across the street. The beer was delivered to my doorstep, just like milk was when I was a youth. Ahhh, the good old days...

"Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny" FZ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: There it is! - wazoo 14:50:45 04/20/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.