Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: nice; questions..

I installed it myself. Got a tilting mount off eBay (about $70). Had to drill a couple of holes in the brick, but the mounting was simple.

The cables are being run through a little Home Depot conduit, if you look on the left side of the TV you'll see there's an off-white cover running down the side of the fireplace. By running it off to the side of the fireplace it's less noticeable. I'm still playing with the wiring, once all that is done I'll paint the conduit. Right now I'm renting since the housing market it tanking, waiting for it to hit bottom, so I didn't want any super-elaborate install.

I can use the fireplace and other than a couple of mounting holes in the brick, it's a simple install, no drywall cutting/work. If I owned the place, I'd look into a more permanent/hidden mounting.

One key to hanging it over the fireplace is to hang it as low as you can. Don't want to strain your neck looking at it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.