Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Actually, I don't drink :^ )

I don't drink any alcohol, doesn't sit with me. I prefer a nice herbal iced tea. :^ )

I am very glad you realized I was not haranguing you. What bothered me originally is this forum exists to discuss how to fix our problems, upgrade our gear, and learn what's best and works best together. Yet if you look back at the past year, behringer amps get brought up here more than anything else by a HUGE margin. (And that should not be. No one amp is the solution to everyones situation, least of all that one)

That happened because a small cadre of people kept constantly posting about it like it was the end of the world. New people who wander in (and who are inexperienced and trying to save money at the same time) read these posts and they start propagating the problem as well.

Every week now it seems we see another post asking "So, how about them behringer amps?" It has gotten out of hand and it needs to be addressed. None of us here have any problem answering questions about it or any other piece of gear, but certain truths do exist and the sooner we can get people to accept that, the better it will be for everyone. An archive here full of posts from people who don't know much saying "it's the best amp in the world" is not helping anyone, let alone new people who wander in knowing less. Maggies owners take a lot of flack and ribbing from other audiophiles who don't or won't get it, and all of us using behringer amps to drive them won't do much to alter that perception either :^ )

The hard part is everyone has bought at least one piece of gear or hardware that did not live up to expectations. The problem is a lot of people will then go and lie about it because they don't want to look stupid or feel they made a mistake spending so much on something that they aren't happy with. There are also those who actually do like it, but only because their sphere of experience is so small, there is nothing to compare it to. I was in that camp when I was young.

So your line "I still think the Behringer is good stuff" is fine, I could have said that about my Adcom once too. But you have to trust us when we say they're really not, neither of them, and better isn't all that much farther away.

I'm thrilled you're on board now :^ ) You scrape up $500 and buy the first used Conrad Johnson Sonographe SA250 you find. If it's not love, I'll buy it from you for what you paid. Then we can get Mart to put a new link at the top here, F-BOG - "Former Behringer Owners Group"

Moderator - "Why don't you stand up and introduce yourself"

(stands) "Hello, My name is Frank"

(everyone) "Hi Frank"

Frank - I used to own a behringer amp...

(everyone nods in understanding)

Moderator - "Do you have tinnitus Frank?"

Frank - "Thank God no, someone stopped me just in time."

(everyone cheers)

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.