Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Maggie 3.6R

Good listening preferences, since I've had my new 3.6's (got them on Monday!) I've blown the left tweeter 2x and the right tweeter 1x. I have a pair of 150's also, as I think you know, but they have had extensive mods done by Mark & Mark at Rogue. The upgrade (mods) were well worth it. I just happen to listen to MuSiC at insanely high levels at times...the result...blown fuse

Fortunately I'll be getting Zero autoformers late next week, and to top off the cake I'll be getting a Zeus amp in about a month.

The average person should be fine w/ the 150's and 3.6's (and possibly the autoformers...haven't been able to try them yet) + they sound excellent together!
Even though my main listening lately has been jazz and classical...Metal always finds it's way into my system at some point, and the tweeters have blown only because I had the volume cranked with metal (trying to hurry the breakin) while I was in another room. The 1st time my left tweeter blew a fuse I think was just a fluke.

Jon

shameless plug for my website: www.jdlkaudiomusic.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.