Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I have heard the stock

SMGs and Gunn's modded SMG. I was able to A/B them at Gunn's house. There is "almost" no comparison. The stock still had good balance, cohesion and the Maggie sound, but Gunn's mods expotentially add to the resolution, soundstage depth and solid imaging. These changes were not subtle. The clarity of the modded SMG was stunning in comparison. I hate to say it, but the modded version sounded like the proverbial "veil" had been lifted from the stock. I'm also tempted to say that there was an increase in PRAT and musicality, but those are so subjective and can be defined differently by different people that I can only speak for myself in that finding. And, I mean no disrespect to the stock SMG for it certainly has a charm and musicaltiy of its own. Both the stock and the modded SMG has the strongest bass presence I've heard on any of the Maggie line (though I've never heard the Tympanis which is supposed to have pretty powerful bass presence). I have not heard Gunn's modded 1.6s so I cannot comment on that one.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I have heard the stock - hartwerger 14:49:02 04/19/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.