Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Crossover

I believe that fundimentally every maggie driver is the same. Same mylar, same wire and wire configuration (essentially), same magnets, same pole piece design etc...

That being the case, it seems reasonable to assume there would be a "best" way to play this driver. (taking individual tastes into account of course means that design might differ per individual but should remain the same for each individual thruout the differing models)

After hearing countless maggies I feel the way the SMGa was designed was the ideal way. It nails musicality better than any other way. In that light it was what I did to the 1.6's (and incidentally when he just got them the first words out of his mouth were that they sound just like the SMGa's I modded for him "only bigger" which for me means the mod was a success as that's what I wanted)

So yes, these MMG's will be done the same way. Pole pieces turned around and a 1st order 6dbl shared series XO will be installed which will be completely unlike the stock design. With only a 1 inch difference in driver size between them and the SMGa I'm hoping to come very close sound wise. This one could bring the house down more than the 1.6 mod did. :^ )

I should be posting pics and info about the MMG in about a week. Now that I and the powers that be have an understanding I'll also be posting a more updated account of the 1.6 mod too so others may duplicate it. (when time allows, and it will get archived in the MUG tweaks section)

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Crossover - Peter Gunn 13:22:44 05/12/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.