Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Well.... new bed came.... lost some bass depth and bite

compared to having no bed in the room.. but I think it's no worse than it was in the original arrangement, which was a bit light in the bottom end.

Before: Maggies in corners

Now: Maggies still 5ft out from wall

I think I can move then back about a foot to give them breathing space in front and still have plenty of space to the back wall. Right now there is exactly two feet of space between the bed and the speakers which is about 7" more space than before... and if you draw a line from the corner of each bed it actually would run between the maggies.

The only other thing is the bed is much higher than my chair was.

So...

gains: breathing room for maggies, soundstage depth and width, that '3D' effect and maggies disappear more than before. I can lay on my stomach with my head at the foot of the bed for awesome super nearfield listening.

losses: well.. I can't really tell. I don't remember what it sounded like with the bed in the original location. Listening height too high puts me in a bass null I think. Bed possibly absorbing some frequencies.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Well.... new bed came.... lost some bass depth and bite - Enchantment1.6s 16:50:59 05/02/07 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.