Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Me too!

Pete, Well may general assessment of the S7 is that it is an outstanding value. To be honest, I didnt expect it to be eqivalant to a high-end amp, just in the neighorhood hopefully.

I have noticed that 1) It is getting better with more hours logged on it. Ive listened to only about 5 CDs and thats it. The bass is extending and the mids are becoming fuller. 2) This amp does not perform at its best at lower output. The TA0104A has its lowest distortion @ 4ohms @ 30 watts and highest efficiency over 100 so I believe idling at 10-20 watts isnt ideal. I have started operating it at a minimum of 40watts (if the VUs are accurate) And both the SMGAs and the amp sound very good. The bass response great. Tight, solid and extended. With lots of LF info, I can watch the needle jump to past 100 and there is no strain or lack of bass drive. Lots of headroom.

I think that after a 100 hours or so, it should reveal its true nature. And tweaking it probably in order too.

How many hours are on yours?

amt

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Me too! - amt 09:39:23 04/27/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.