Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

The story so far

You didn't miss anything, as it was essentially the info I had posted about the results of making them a few weeks ago, (which is why I thought nothing of posting it) Search the archives or my old posts for it.

I fully understand the boards motives, but had my site not been outed I doubt I would have made it public yet. (I am a terrible procrastinator) I am still in the formulating phase on many accounts (what I will or won't do, what I can and can't do, what the prices will be etc...) and I still consider the work of use to DIYers who want to do it themselves, which is why I posted the info. There is very little info in regards to building stands out of wood like this and I feel there should be. When I post it's with that in mind, not to shill my product, and it never has been. I don't want special treatment but some sort of understanding needs to be reached so everyone wins.

In fact, I never made this business, YOU people did. I just used to post here showing what I was doing, and some of you started asking if I'd do it for you too. I said "I guess so" and the ball started rolling. I never saw it coming or asked for it... I'm probably the only person in high end forced by his own consumers into being :^ ) It isn't even the money either (but that is nice of course) but the notion that I sent someone something that gives them so much pleasure which I enjoy. It's a good feeling. I also don't wish to stop sharing here either.

In that light I will retell one bit of info which helps me not and in fact gives secrets away. The tweeters needed a resistor and I'd tried Mills but wasn't thrilled, and then tried the pricey new Duelund resistors. (from Denmark I think, parts connection sells them) Worth every penny. As I told someone in an email, the Mills sound like they cut the top off, (the cutting point determined by the amount used obviously) but the Duelunds sound like the highs end there naturally, if that makes any sense. I recommend them to anyone building their own XO.

The value I used, I won't say :^ )

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.