Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: STACKED QUAD 57's / Speaker Jumper Cable advice needed.

Hi Bill,

Thanks again.

Well so I looked around and I did find a copy of a Quad document showing their recommendations for stacking the ESL's and the angles etc. That can be seen at the link below (along with their recommendations that they be connected in parallel.)

My amps are somewhat custom (tubes) but are based on a classic Mullard 5-10 circuit and have never had ANY trouble at all with the load from the Quads. Why? Synergy would really be the only explanation. I went through an ENORMOUS amount of gear to find what I wanted. (They sound superb.) I DO have an almost ideal environment to be able to enjoy the +3/+6db that Gary mentioned as my listening room is quite large. (Approximately 22 x 32) so I can really let the Quads "hang out" when the time comes.

But I guess I may have to ask elsewhere for the cable issue.

BTW...plenty of people are running stacked quads and so it would seem that there are plenty of amps up to the task.

Also.....FWIW...I have never heard of anyone running stacked quads that were NOT wired like mine.

Regards...WP

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.