Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: The ceiling and carpet...

Dude, don't get so defensive. Wasn't the point of this thread Aesthetics?

I clearly indicated that an audiophile would like your room, but not from an aesthetic standpoint. It's safe to say that blue acoustic treatments aren't attractive, as you say maybe the tan was worse, but it undoubtedly sounds good. Notice in most of the other images they are making attempts to hide the treatments as they can.

You point out that going "all-the-way" to hide treatments is a big job, and not a high priority for a lot of people. I was trying to make a constructive suggestion...a suggestions, not a commandment.

In fact I don't think the carpet or beams are the visual problem. I think the beams are an asset. It's not the distorted fish-eye in the images that I'm pointing out, it's the color combo. The aesthetics of the sound treatments don't bother you, you're in it for the sound, that's cool. But we're talking looks here, not sound.

I think your system and mine point out clear differences. You went for sound and sacrificed looks. I went for looks and sacrificed sound, there's always a trade off.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.