Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Got $300?

My quads are on the floor, I'm in a 13' equilateral triangle, and I still have to look up to see the vocalist - generally placed equidistant between speakers, 5' high, 2-3' forward from the speaker plane. Bass is set nicely back, with house/trance/electronica seems to come from 10' beneath the floor. I suspect your room. My room, without EQ, is completely useless - I could not live with Quads in my current residence without room EQ. If I could figure out how to post a picture on AA I would.

Got $300? Just as an analysis tool, get a Behringer DEQ2496, see what EQ does for your room. No, it won't be transparent - but it will tell you a lot. If you want it to be transparent, do what I do - get an Alesis Masterlink ML9600 pro recorder - use it for A/D at 24/96 and stream that to the DEQ2496. It will be a lot closer to transparent - and you'll have a great vinyl recorder. Many on the vinyl forum with very good front ends confirm there's little if any difference in it's playback from the original vinyl source (as does stereophile confirm, see Alesis Masterlink ML9600 review on stereophile.com). If you have a remote pre, then you can A/B it.

Seriously, for $300 find out what's up with your room, then throw it away if you must. If you get the Alesis as well, you can listen to records in your car!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Got $300? - longtimequadowner 20:18:38 04/15/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.