Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Can conventional speakers soundstage like maggies?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone one know of any conventional loudspeakers (cones & domes) that can soundstage like magnepans?
Specifically what bothers me is when i hear conventional loudspeakers, when the instruments are panned either far left or right of the soundstage the image collapses down to the midrange/tweeter area of the speaker. It seems that any conventional loudspeaker that I have owned, or heard has this phenomenon. Maybe I am sensitive to this (maybe some aren't?).
But to me when I hear a loudspeaker do this it ruins the illusion and then I realize that I am listening to a speaker.
When I listen to Maggie's this doesn't happen, I forget that I am listening to a speaker and I am just immersed in the music/soundstage.
Does anyone know of a conventional loudspeaker that can do this type of soundstaging?

Thanks for your replies

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Can conventional speakers soundstage like maggies? - Mike in NJ 21:31:24 04/14/07 (58)

You can not post to an archived thread.