Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: New music system room.

I think the MMGs will work just fine in that size room. I'm using mine with a SVS 20-39 PC+ powered subwoofer and the combo sounds absolutely awesome. Compared to my MG-1.4s alone, there is absolutely no comparison.

The key to using a subwoofer with the Maggies is to avoid the cheap boom box subs. I chose the SVS because of its wonderfully flat response, and it blends nicely with the MMGs with its tight, deep bass. I have my sub tuned so that it's contribution to the entire presentation is understated yet unmistakable when there are low frequencies in the signal.

The other advantage of using a sub with Maggies is that the MMGs can be positioned for best sound stage and clarity, and the SVS sub can be postioned and tuned to provide the most pleasing bass response. After listening to MG-1.4s for 17 years, I never considered using a sub, but the MMG/SVS combo has taken my listening pleasure to new heights.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: New music system room. - MaggieDriver 16:16:30 04/08/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.