Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

3.6R Bi-Wire or Single Wire

Hi All,

Wondering about your experiences and thoughts are on bi-wire vs single wire.

Currently I am bi-wiring with double runs of two different types of cable(shotgun). PS Audio Plus for the Bass connected to bananna on my Sim W-5 Amp, AQ CV4 connected spades on the same amp jacks for the mid-high. So two runs. I think it sounds better than single wiring with either cable and using jumpers on the maggie(12 AWG OFC hookup wire).

I am wanting to try some Cardas Golden Reference Cables(love them elsewhere as ICs), and am debating if I should try the internal bi-wire configuration -- or single wire? I think this cable will be better quality than either of my current runs -- but running two dedicated runs shotgun on the GR cables is not an option due to cost. Any ideas on the best approach?

Also, I was going to consider using spades<-->spades through a maggie-pin adapter of some kind on the speaker end rather than custom terminating with maggie-pins which limits their resalability for other speakers.

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - 3.6R Bi-Wire or Single Wire - JGT 14:22:53 04/07/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.