Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: I’m in love with Maggie!

You can try it and see how much (if at all) that effects it's sound. If it's disagreeable you can probably turn it back off because you seem to be prudent enough to know when you're pushing things. As I said, sharp highs are the biggest danger, or rock music with wails and /or feedback. When I was young and rash :^ ) I used to play hell with my maggies with the Jesus & Mary Chain. Nothing but feedback, I must have blown the fuses on my MG-Ic's a dozen times because of their first record. I was also using an amp at the time (an Adcom GFA-555) which was not too unlike the one you are using in many respects. (it had a clip light too, and in time I came to realize just how awful it sounded, even though at first I loved it) That's why I say be careful as there were times I was sure I wasn't pushing things at all and suddenly it didn't sound right and sure enough another fuse had blown.

It should also be noted that without a fuse it doesn't mean the wire will go from a bad clip, but such an incident will stress it, and after enough such incidents what would seem a trivial incident could be enough to push it over the edge and melt the tweeter.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I’m in love with Maggie! - Peter Gunn 07:27:52 04/06/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.