Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Eminent Technology LFT-VIIIA Speakers

"What setting are your panels on now?"

As I mentioned before, depends on the associated equipment and cables. Currently, with Cardas cables, they are on high, with most of the other cables on mid, never needed to use low (well, if the rest sounded so bright that you need to set it low, than doing so would not solve basic problem, IMHO)

"I was not aware that I should invert polarity."

Some amps invert polarity. If for biamping you use both that invert (or both do not) than everything is fine. Hoever if one does invert and the other doed not, than you will lose some bass. It s noticable as thinner mostly upper bass and transition from pannel to woofer will sound little bit strange. If you do not know which amp inverts, try reversing wires on EITHER pannels OR bass (on both speakers) and one with more aparent midbass upper bass is correct configuration.

"...quad of EL 34 Winged "C" + a quad of 6550 Winded "C". ..."
Interesting, you can mix and match sucessfuly EL34 and 6550 on the same channel??? Can you explain little bit more? I realy like SED 6550C.

"...ECC35 Mullard(6SL7)on the way and with RCA 6SN7 VT231..."

I tried Mylard/Webcor 12AX7 but to be honest it was too mellow for my taste. Would like to get some RCA 6SN7, Sylvanias are large step above stock chinese, and noticably better than EH (IMHO).

" No WAF! "

That explains location :-)

"I can make these big speakers disappear in my room!!!"

ET-s do not draw attention to themselves, and I consider one of their real assets that inspite their size after few minutes of listening you forget about them. Most of the speakers that draw attention to themselves I find unnatural.

"I should add that I feel a little bad as I have not done a review yet. "

If you noticed, I would not do these reviews that I was not temporarely forced to stay home. I wish that now I can squeze some time for the review of the rest of the system. I have quite bit of notes, still it takes time to write somethin meaningfull.

Speakers were done first since a) I was really happy with the value, b) they are not commonly found to demo,and c) they are not reviewed too often.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.