Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Table radio...MMG's...Table radio...MMG's???

Table radio...MMG's...Table radio...MMG's...hmmmmm....tough choice.

So Oz, where does it stop?

What about my projector? Heck, it's only another $500 to get a higher resolution, brighter DLP.

Receiver? Forget that, only another $400 and I can get into an entry level preamp. Ahh, forget entry level, if I’m going separates, why not spend $500 more and get something with some actual build quality.

Pro amp? Are you kidding, only $400 more gets me into a good entry level audiophile amp. Of course, now I need 4 more channels of amplification for my surrounds since I went with a preamp over a receiver. No big deal, just another $800 for two more amps.

And on, and on, and on...

So, to you there are only two levels of A/V consumers out there and nothing in between, the table radio people, and the elite audiophiles, right?

On another note, I come by food and shelter for my family just fine, thank you. I know you weren’t necessarily directing that at me, but there are plenty more like me out there so I will speak for all of us. :)

I happen to have a budget every month. So much for gas, so much for groceries, bills, kids activities, and yes, entertainment. Part of my entertainment budget goes to athletics, as my wife and I are huge sports fans and season ticket holders to football, baseball, and basketball for Oklahoma State University. We also try to take the kids on at least one sports vacation every year. Last year we went to St. Louis to see the Cards whip up on the Astros. :)

Yes, my Audio/Video hobby is lumped in with the rest of our entertainment budget. I do have to be a bargain shopper, but I do take care of my family first, and a few hundred bucks isn't something I just throw around without a lot of thought.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.