Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Eminent Technology LFT-VIIIA Speakers

Great review!! and yes I know, my will be coming soon!

I've tried a modded Threshold and modded Forte amps with good results, but you certainly are right.

Tubes have a Magic with the ETs. Right now I'm using a Space Tech Labs VP 105 at 50 WPC in triode. I'm very happy with tube power, but like you said the bass can be a little slower, but it does have a nicer richer tone to it in the bass.

The jury is still out on a passivie biamp with S/S on the bottom, but I did find a little more depth with the tube on just the panels with a hint smoother and easier flowing. I just got anonther pair of Alpha Core M2 speaker cables that I have to reterimate, so I will see if having both cables the same on bass and panel helps.

What setting are your panels on now?

I do have a gain control on the Tube amp ( the bass amp would be nicer). You said you inverted polarity where required. I was not aware that I should invert polarity. Were you just experimenting or should I be inverting the panel with biamp?

I've had my tube amp for almost 2 months and have settled on a quad of EL 34 Winged "C" + a quad of 6550 Winded "C". Playing around with driver + gain tubes with a pair of ECC35 Mullard(6SL7)on the way and with RCA 6SN7 VT231 in the other stage right now.

I am in a 12x14 room on the long wall with the ETs 4 ft out from the front wall, with speakers 7 ft from listening position. No WAF!

My sound stage is huge!! It is the whole front wall, from floor to celling, from side wall to side wall (recording depended) with lairs of depth and busting down the wall. I am utterly amazed at what I have pulled off in my room with min. room treatment (need to work here). I didn't think I would get it this good in a small room.

I can make these big speakers disappear in my room!!!

I should add that I feel a little bad as I have not done a review yet. I only work parttime as I have some disabilities, but havn't been able to find the energy to do anything but sit in my listening chair. But I will be taking a break from the job for a bit. So I hope to get a reveiw done soon.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Great review Thanks!

Ken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.