Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Lucky Bastard

This guy got them from me, and he's already had them 3 times longer than I did. :^ ) (but I'll get my own pair sooner, so it's OK :^ )

The cabinets are apx. 8" by 12" by about 2' tall. They have ports but on one pair they are reversed. ie, one pair has the ports above the driver, the other pair below.

The arrangement Duke rec'd (and I found before he confirmed it) is in an arc at roughly 9, 11:30, 1:30 and 3 on the "dial", with the drivers/ports facing away and the rears basically facing where you sit but a little casualness in setup seems to help. You can sort of see this in this pic from when I had them. Makes you feel like you're facing some Greek ampitheatre.

His comments also validated what I said, regardless of whether some think it possible or "correct". When dialed in right, you do not hear these things specifically, rather they pick up notes on the edge of decay and lengthen them to a more natural bass decay and bloom. The effect it has on the over all sound is simply incredible.

I don't wish to speak for Duke but I believe he is planning on finalizing them as stereo sets and the price will be in the neighborhood of $1,500, which is a hell of a deal for 4 subs and 2 plate amps. These things really will revolutionize the maggie world. And I even made a logo for him and he won't use it!

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.