Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: ESL 57 and Berning EA230 experiences?

Sorry. My "out of sequence" post should have used the properly spelled version of the made-up word "symbioticism", instead of the misspelled made-up version "synbioticism". My old eyes start going fuzzy after hours of staring at a screen... Maybe that's why I had an eye exam and entered a new eyeglasses prescription today: So I can include better spelling in my made-up words. No, the sum total of available words is simply not sufficient. I must create new ones.

Anyway... David chose all parts based on sound quality. He even disdained the use of an external "Y" cord when using the 230 in mono configuration because they are all "magnetic" and sound bad. Internal hard-wired bridging was his only recommended method. That said, I can't say that I've noticed any negative sonic impact from changing the bias trimpots. And regarding "so-so" parts quality, I have never had a failure of any kind with ANY of my 230s. I've replaced tubes, but only because I thought it "was time", or to replace a noisy one.

And yes, the review is way long in the tooth, but I still agree with all of the comments offered regarding the 230's sound quality.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: ESL 57 and Berning EA230 experiences? - cinemanaut 20:09:18 04/02/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.