Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Nice review, very readable. Couple of questions:

The cabinets are ported. I don't know their dimensions off the top of my head, but hopefully Duke will jump into this thread at some point and answer that.

As to the asymmetric arrangement of the four speakers- I didn't specify it because it kept changing. When my oldest son came home for Spring break, I tucked one of the speakers out of harm's way. When he left, it resumed its position on top of a sofa. One of the others sat atop a wooden chest, one was behind one of the Quads, one off to the side. All were out of the corners. As I moved them around, I paid little attention to placement except to keep thing random. Two of the speakers had the port pointed up, two others pointed down. I moved them here, I moved them there, I moved them everywhere - Equally important I changed my own listening positin from time to time. The sub output seemed to vary little as I wandered around the room. For the most part two of the subs were off the floor - about two feet off the floor - this at Duke's suggestion.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Nice review, very readable. Couple of questions: - Mickey Bob 16:29:03 04/02/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.