Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

A big thank you to...

... whoever it was that recommended the Roederstein-Vishay bypass caps from Allied Elec. (Living in Fort Worth I was able to stop by their warehouse and save on shipping).

I bought several of them and added them to all of my speakers, not just my upgraded MG12 crossovers. I did the surrounds first, and even though they are pretty cheap speakers the improvement in the highs was noticeable - more detail and reduced glare. I moved on to my center speaker and got a similar improvement.

I wasn't so sure there'd be an improvement adding them to my recently upgraded MG12 crossovers - I wondered if they might even take away from the quality of the Auricaps (30uf + 3uf). Well I was surprised with the result - another really nice improvement, even without the Vishays burning in. They have brought out the most minute details. Faint highs seem to fill a lot more of the space. There is a whole extra dimension to violin string sections - momentary glistenings higher up the scale. Cellos, and even bases, now have a faint high freq attack as the bow rubs along the strings.

How could a $2 cap transform the highs this much?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - A big thank you to... - newtonnjd 07:12:51 03/30/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.