Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: It's worse than that

That sounds like phantom pain syndrome, which is usually associated with amputees. It can be quite intractable. The pain doesn’t actually originate where it is sensed (as it couldn’t in an amputated limb). It would be an awful thing to live with in any case, but I’m sorry to hear about his passing.

It’s certainly understandable that such a condition could cause him to lose track of his dosing (the medication was probably not terribly effective). It’s very sad – and to leave such young children, it’s all the more so. You’re a good man to assist his widow as you mentioned – she’ll definitely need all the help she can get. How is she handling it emotionally (stupid question, I know)?

-----------

A friend of mine died a little over a week ago, but he was a bit older (57). He had liver cancer, but survived until a transplant could be arranged. He just didn’t make it through the surgery – his heart failed a few hours into the procedure. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy – always had a smile on his face (until the last time I saw him that is).

Life is such a fragile thing.

"Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny" FZ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.