Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Used to be able to check polarity (phase) on cone drivers

Yeah, I have done that too, and it is a good idea. I have never tried it on my maggies, and while I certainly don't think it would do any harm, I am hesitant to post something I haven't actually tried.

If you have tried it on maggie, let us know. That would be a better way perhaps.

The up side of doing it with the tones, is that you can hear what it does to the sound.

I found this invaluable when I when to a friends house, and and on his non maggie system things just didn't sound right. My ears told me that something was out of phase. Sure enough the ears were right. He had listened that way for years!!!! and although the colors were all right, something was out of phase. He wouldn't believe me, and we ran one of his phase disks, and sure enough he heard it. Then he swapped one of his speaker cables, and it was much better.

The other time I have found this approach beneficial is when setting up subs and maggies. But i suppose if a sub has high level inputs, the battery method works too.

Maybe you could write it up with some picts and have mart put it in the tweaks section for newbies to use?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.