Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: MG12 to 1.6 - two questions

The issue is not whether the 1.6s need to be farther out, but rather are your MG12's already out far enough. There are no absolutes on spacing Maggies. However, many of us use the Cardas formula which seems to work well. Using that formula, the spacing for the 12's and the 1.6s would be similar. The side wall distances would change slightly. In my room, the center of the bass panel's of my 1.6s are 59" from the back wall and 43" from the side walls.

Your questions are very general. The room, the electronics and the setup will have a significant impact on the sonic results. In some rooms the 12's or perhaps even the MMGs might sound superior to the 1.6's. It really all depends:)

The 12's are a fine speaker. While I believe the 1.6s have a superior soundstage as well as bass, they may not be able to demonstate that in your room depending on the answers to the following questions. How big is you're listening room? Where are the 12's located now. Are you flexible with regard to position? What sort os wall/floor coverings and furishing are in the area? Is there anything between the speakers? Where is you're listening position? Any large mirrors/windows in the room. What electronics and cabling are you using, etc.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.