Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: How good are these speakers?

Used to own a pair myself. In some ways I wished I still owned them. Like jjcarr I too own 2.7s myself and wish I had 10QRs just as a reference speaker. With them being so think in width and yet tall in smaller rooms they had more space to image properly and as Mart noted in his review of the 2.7s the closeness of each element of the QR to the midrange drivers makes the speaker sound very cohesive. If you are to get a sub I would recommend a Rel and in particular a Strata III as I have used it in the past with them and still have a set I use the my 2.7s. As for place them on a scale it depends what you want to do with them. For imaging I would rank them better than MG12s as they have the heigh and presence and maybe a bit better than 1.6s as they sound more natural and cohesive. With a sub or stereo subs I would be comfortable with them being better than 1.6s though I have no idea of the 2.7s. Something about these speakers is unique to me and I don't know which is better which I why I would love to own both. Great speakers at an amazingly cheap price.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: How good are these speakers? - Accurus 08:59:31 03/22/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.