Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Cable resistance will not make the amps work harder.

Al

Actually I was referring to Active Shielded speaker wires, but now you have two points I would ask about.

1) my speaker cables are both passive and Active Shielded speaker wires (http://www.synergisticresearch.com/index.php?PageID=70) -- do you think this "active" charge really helps reduce RFI introduction into the cables - or is this a gimic ?? Would not the transformer that plugs into the wall seperately near the origin of the wires from the amp end not create more RFI in the air around the system ??

2) "If you mean active crossovers, I don't have experience with them, but distrust them because of the extra gain stages, power supplies, and connection points they require. They will increase RF noise and susceptibility to RF noise degradation. "

Most seem to really disreguard the passive crossovers of all maggie lines and suggest adding the active crossover. One of my thoughts with this has also been what about the added wires to, inside, and out of the active system ... Are they as good of quality as the 20.1s passives ?? From what I have read, I guess getting the crossover "parts" in the system BEFORE the amp can improve the amp / speaker interaction ?? (in my layman's terms). Any thoughts ??

Also, the active crossover is needed to balance the gain if two different amps are used.

Thanks

AL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.