Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Passive Components Upgrade - Eating Crow

After years of wondering but not having enough initiative to upgrade the caps, inductors and wires on the mid/ribbon panel of Magnepan Tympanis, I finally decided what the hell and ordered sonicaps, a mundorf supreme silver/oil as a bypass, a-core goertz inductors and vampire wires. After about a $300 expense and about 3 hours of work, it was done. I'm hardly handy and know almost nothing about schematics, but it was pretty easy. After about 100 hours of break-in, I'm really stunned at how much of an improvement there is in the sound of my speakers. I was pretty skeptical and really thought that a lot of this passive component upgrade stuff was pretty escoteric. Without all of the typical adjectives, I'm finding the presentation to be pretty astonishing. For the money, I can't believe this isn't one of the first things I did. Thanks to all of the members here who inspired me to take the plunge.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Passive Components Upgrade - Eating Crow - swo2601 16:12:00 03/17/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.