Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

New Socks

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the info here. As I am upgrading to the world of HD TV, (just bought a plasma HD TV), I have been looking at my existing 15-20 year old equipment to see what needs to be upgraded. After listening to some nice Martin Logans at the local audio emporium, I came back home and listened to my 22 year old MG-1b speakers and decided they were 90% as good and $1800 cheaper. So I decided to keep them and order new socks. Got to love a company that still has parts for 22 year old products :D. Now they look brand new. I was relived to see that my wires are staying attached to the Mylar nicely. I will confess to running a 1/3 octave equalizer and RTA, which is not exactly the audiophile standard, but my years of doing live sound reinforcement leave me appreciating what an equalizer can do. I find it helps the old maggies sound smoother and brightens them up to match my aging ears and less than ideal listening room.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - New Socks - dcairns 14:11:32 03/16/07 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.