Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Wiring to internal drivers

Can you clarify this statement (before is a relative (to direction) term)? "Solder Cardas Litz onto the existing wire just before it hits the spades."

If this means soldering onto the actual panel runs, I sincerely question the "highly competent technician" assertion. I've been a technician for 35 years and there is absolutely NO way I'd even consider such an act.

If this means ANYthing else (soldering the Cardas wire to ANY other existing wire - why?), that assertion is similarly suspect. The aluminum wiring (assuming your fine speakers use the same wire I found in my MMGs) should all be replaced. Ditch the wires with the spades and solder (or crimp) new spades to the new wires.

I'm not sure what the plan is, but I hope you don't find yourself needing what PG mentioned - crying towels!

BTW I'm assuming the Litz wire in question already has tinned ends, or your technician has a solder pot and intends to cut them to length and tin them before trying to solder them to the wires in question. Remember, each strand of a Litz bundle is coated with enamel.

Good Luck.

"Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny" FZ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.