Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Thank you!

It's good to know that I'm not the only one struggling to comprehend the issue of absolute phase. This weekend (when I have the time to mess around with such things), I'm going to conduct a few experiments and switching phase will be one. One of the problems with listening tests is that they can be colored by a priori beliefs. I'm going to construct a method that permits me to listen blindly (of course, I still believe that there won't be a real difference) - only my wife will know what the phase will be. At least I'll be able to settle the issue for myself.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I would expect there to be a difference in the sound of each side of Maggies due to the different transparency of the materials on each side. I suspect that is the better explanation than the inverse square law effect, but what do I know? My other question should not be taken lightly - how do you know the absolute phase of each recording? There is NO standard to my knowledge. I haven't received an answer to the query about the alternations of phase throughout the entire chain of electronics - beginning with the actual recording. Is absolute phase maintained absolutely? To my thinking, this makes clear assertions about absolute phase highly suspect, but what do I know?

"Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny" FZ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Thank you! - wazoo 05:03:43 03/14/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.