Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Inexpensive is a relative term,

but here is one option.

Honestly, a high quality power cord can make a difference. So can segregation - keeping one's AC cords isolated from one's signal cables. The Blue Circle power cable you referenced in your original post is certainly expensive - well beyond my considerations. Then again, I don't own electrostatics (well, not speakers - I do have a pair of Stax Lamda earspeakers), nor is the rest of my gear in line with such a high end power cord.

I do own three PS Audio power cords (of the $120 variety) and they contributed subtle improvements to the sound of my system. I have also built several of my own. The law of diminishing returns isn't the only issue here; the cumulative nature of subtle improvements is such that they can build up rather dramatic enhancements - and a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Garbage in at any level will result in garbage out (okay, I've run out of clichés) - the point is: there is not one part of your system unworthy of your consideration.

That Blue Circle power cord is not ridiculous, nor is it really *that* expensive. For certain systems I’d even call it a bargain (unfortunately, mine isn’t such a system).

"Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny" FZ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Inexpensive is a relative term, - wazoo 16:58:57 03/12/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.