Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: $395 electrostatic power cable...

Short and to the point may make for an abrupt letter but that does not make it rude. Considering your post I would say that a lot of gracious reply were sent your way. You could simply have been a troll or worse.
If you question the value of such expensive power cords you have some options available to you. You can check them out for yourself and see what you think. You can ask the opinions of others. The first option gives you direct knowledge so that the best choice.
I get the feeling that you may have eaten some sour grapes. If you don't believe that a power cord could be worth the money that Blue Circle is asking then don't buy one. If you choose to listen to thier cord and like what you hear then you get to decide if the price is worth the performance. If you think that the price/performance ratio is fair then buy the cord (you only need one). If you don't think that the ratio is so good you don't have to buy. If you really like what the cord does and want it but don't have the cash save some. Complaining that they charge too much for thier product is niether productive or fair. Better products are worth more money.
You do have other options, you can audition all the cords that fit your acceptable price range and see if you can find one that works as well for less money. You can look into designing and building your own power cords. I would recommend this option as you will learn more and in the end save a lot more.
If you would like to hear what the ultimate power cord sounds like and what it can do for your speakers that's easy and it's free. Play a reference piece of music on your system. Then unplug your ESL's high voltage power supply from the wall and listen again. The charge on the speaker diaphragms will stay put for a long time playing music. Eventually the output level will start to slowly roll off. If you notice that this happens in a short period of time (20-30 minutes) then you probably have dust or an insect between your conductive diaphragm coating and the stator. Vacuum cleaning with light suction should remove this.
If the price of the BC cord is twice as much as you feel it's worth I can fix that for you. Buy just one cord as that is all you really need. Simply plug the BC cord into the wall and then use cheap inexpensive extension cords to run out to the speaker supplies. While not quite as nice a using two cords of your choice you will get most all the way there using just one.
I hope this helps regards Moray James.

PS: yes it was a bit of a stupid question. Questioning the value of anything is fine but if you are not sure then don't buy til you are.
moray james

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: $395 electrostatic power cable... - moray james 11:56:26 03/12/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.