Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

CCR Center Speaker

I spoke with reps at Magnepan this morning about the ribbon center speaker (CCR) that was shown at the CES. They indicated that they do intend to introduce the CCR later this year, though no date has been set. As understood, it is about the same size as the previous center speakers, except that it is approximately 4-5 inches taller. It includes a single, laterally extending, curved ribbon tweeter. They will also offer a bass module specifically designed to operate with the CCR. The idea is that the bass module, with CCR on top, can be seated on the floor under a HT screen if desired. (Apparently, the sub shown in the pics from CES is not the same unit as the bass module intended for use with the CCR.) No price had been set, but my guess is that it will be somewhere in the $2,500 - $3,000 range (It's not clear to me how the bass module/tweeter combination will be priced.) - But not to worry, because the CCR can also be used with a pair of 20.1's if you decide to upgrade.

Sorry if this isn't very specific or definitive, but I think it's current.

Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - CCR Center Speaker - Avocat 08:37:10 03/12/07 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.