Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Some answers

First, the Marantz you see is a 2252B which I briefly owned but sold because I could rarely be bothered to hooked it up.

As for the M-Audio Audiophile USB, I'm not "golden ear" but I would say the sound is quite good. The modified Assemblage DAC 1.5 I'm now using is just slightly more transparent. The Audiophile USB doesn't have MIC inputs, that is, you will need a MIC preamp to interface with it. It does support MIDI devices, though I don't use any myself.

That is indeed an Adcom GPF-750 that you see in the picture. It is very nice in passive mode, (though some people, AbeCollins for one, say it's dull -- this might be a bad speaker/cable mismatch). However I sold mine for the Sonic Frontiers mainly because my Monarchy amps prefer true balanced input whereas the Adcom isn't true balanced in passive mode unless your inputs happen to be true balanced. (I also wanted try a tube preamp which I'd never done before.)

Bill Bailey

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Some answers - Feanor 13:17:28 03/11/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.