Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: An interesting observation:

By all means your input is welcome. I'm not trying to lay down a gospel. I just personally believe in many cases and for many people pole front would be preferred, just like a slight tip is preferrable. (even if it's only 51-49)

Mart is the one who can't stand CRT monitors. I happen to have slightly better high end hearing than a normal person (which for better or worse has not dropped off at 40). I can't "hear" dog whistles and those things you plug in to get rid of rodents, but I feel pressure in my head, get irascible (I mean more than usual :^ ) and can get a headache if around it too long. Any ribbon tweeter sounds shrill and metallic to me, so much so I can literally "taste" it. It's not a matter of being more laid back, it's simply too "hot" for me that way, and I do find it tilts the balance spectrum.

I think it can't hurt to have generalized setup guidelines, but everyone should be open to try all setup positions. Even what Dawnrazor does. After all, you never know. The goal is just to be happy, not identical.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.