Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: I have two questions.

First of all, I'm curious about which model Marantz receiver you have in that picture. It looks very similar to my old 2238B, but it has a few too many buttons. I bought my 2238B in 1977 - the first *real* piece of equipment I ever bought new and I still have it. I service it about every five years and it still works great - except for the fuse lamps, it still has all of its original parts too. It's at my repair shop where it keeps me entertained daily (driving an old pair of Ohm L loudspeakers - purchased concurrently (My parents had a fit!)). So, what model is yours?

I'm also curious about your M-Audio device. I need to buy my daughter a better sound device for her computer - something that supports MIDI (for her Yamaha synthesizer) and also provides for MIC inputs (for her Yamaha piano among other things) would be nice. How would rate the sound quality of that device (obviously you like it since you're using it in an awesome system, but you're apparently using its digital output and a different DAC with that system)?

Okay, one more - isn't that an Adcom GFP 750 I see in the photo? I don't see it listed in your new system spec. Where did it go? If memory serves, that's a Nelson Pass design and follows Hippocrates' motto about doing no harm - in passive mode, it has NO sonic signature (a very good thing)...just curious.

"Jazz is not dead - it just smells funny" FZ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I have two questions. - wazoo 07:54:09 03/11/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.