Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Backward Maggies - Not so backward?

Just below on a thread about a sideways setup, I was talking about how wonderful this setup is.

Well, when I did it due to speaker lengths, it was easier to turn the right speaker counterclockwise 90 degrees, and the left one clockwise 90 degrees.

This meant that I was listening to the BACK.

I still haven't verified that this was one of the reasons that the sideways setup sounded so good. It may have been a combination of both listening to the backs and the sideways setup.

That said, when I moved, I set them up for front listening, and the results were not good. But there were many other factors involved, and I can't conclude that the front had anything or nothing to do with the bad sound I had in that room. I never put in the time to get it to sound good, because it was pointless.

Now, in the new place, I can take the time to figure out whether the backs or the fronts sound better.

Perhaps someone will do this before I get my system up and running in the new room.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Backward Maggies - Not so backward? - Dawnrazor 20:26:46 03/10/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.