Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: A very unusual speaker arrangement – brief comments

Yes, this is close to what I am hearing too.

I never heard the thinning of the midrange, but your description of the imaging does seem to match mine.

It is definately less audiophile, but IMHO it does sound more like a live performance, which to my ears never has a precise speaker like image.

A couple of things. Were the tweeters closest to you? Also, if listening to the backs of the speaker did you reverse polarity on both your speaker cables? Both of these may have something to do with the midrange thinning you noticed. Or, it could have something to do with Tazs mod I am using. According to Neos great spread sheet, when I put in the values I am using, there is a slight midrange hump from 600hz to 1000hz, so it is possible that I might not notice such a thing, or like the sideways arrangement better because of this.

Finally, I found that in this setup, one had to seperate the speakers further than normal (mine are about 7ft apart with me listening 3ft back from the center line).

For me in the old room, this setup was a way to get the mags in a small room (10x11) and since they were close to the side wall, I could put them 5ft out in to the room, but they never seemed more than a ft out into the room.

Thanks for at least affirming that I am not totally crazy!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.