Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

A very unusual speaker arrangement – brief comments

Earlier this week “Dawnrazor” mentioned a speaker arrangement that piqued my curiosity. So, I moved my MMGs well out into the room and aimed them at each other. It seems like a weird idea – listening to speakers 90 degrees off axis! I expected that the treble would suffer greatly and imaging would be very different.

I was surprised to hear that the change in tonal balance was more a thinning of midrange. There was plenty of treble with this arrangement. Imaging was very different – no real specificity of position. Sounds just seemed to be everywhere, but with some general L/R emphasis. My MMGs have never beamed less. It’s very different and not at all what I expected to hear.

If I moved too close, I started getting that “stereo in the head” imaging like headphones provide, but at a proper distance it sounded interesting. If you want to try something different, this certainly qualifies.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - A very unusual speaker arrangement – brief comments - wazoo 14:08:08 03/10/07 (13)

You can not post to an archived thread.