Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Stand questions

Hey PG,

YOu really are a bright one. I never would have thought of that ply-wood trick....thank you so much!!!

It doesn't quite sound like what you are describing. It images like a normal nearfield setup- in terms of where the center image is. The difference is that it is not as precise as a normal setup. Which may seem like a bad thing, but to my ear it is a lot more like live music, which is never really as precise as stereos make it. It was like I added a tube amp, and got all the benefits, and none of the down-sides.

Also, the front wall (where you have your equipment and treatment) had windows that took up the maot of the wall. When those windows were opened, the system sounded the best. I don't know if it was because of the breeze that would occasionally blow or the fact that the reflected sound would dissapear through there, but man was it really realistic.

Trust me, I have had a normal setup for more than I have ahd the abnormal one, but I find it very hard to go back. I also think that this only works in nearfield...at least on the quasi-ribbons.

THere are some ribbon owners that swear by this set-up and do not do it nearfield either.

I will be setting up in the new house soon, and who knows, maybe this will not work as well and I'll end up with a more conventional setup.

Thanks again for the tip.

YOur not the only one who would like to do some beaming.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Stand questions - Dawnrazor 12:30:56 03/08/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.