Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: half lap joining

Remember my qualification: I am NOT a woodworker!

As a non-woodworker, I've probably done some things that would make those who know what they're doing scratch their heads. On the other hand, I've had a reasonable amount of success in my endeavors so far. I was thinking about using dovetails to join the braces to the stiles and base (large XO box) and using the half-lap with dowel reinforcements on the mitered corners of the new panel frames. The dowels would be inserted through both halves of the overlaps (at 90 degrees to their faces) to prevent them from moving. This will leave little circles showing, but what the heck? I know this sounds tricky and I'm not sure it will work, but I have an idea about how to do it.

Then again, I may change my mind once I start playing with things. I'm not in a real hurry, my Frankenstein project is functioning okay. I'd just like something more aesthetically appealing and I'd like to get the REL directly under the MMG. My test creation just sort of evolved as I was toying with things - there was NO plan. Like I said, I'm just a hack with some tools, but I do have fun at it!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: half lap joining - wazoo 10:56:45 03/06/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.