Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Magnepan 3.5/R vs. ML Vista or Vantage

I will try to shed some light on your question based on having 3.6's and ML CLS's. In short, the ESL's will have much more transparancy, detail and space at low listening levels. My 3.6's needed to be playing at a moderate level to achieve this. The 3.6's could play at much higher levels than the CLS's though. Of course the size of the space that you are trying to fill with sound will determine how loud they have to play. The 3.5's will need some good high current power. Either the Vantage or Vista has a built in sub amp. (I can't recall which) Depending on what your 339's can drive the best could/should be the deciding factor in your choice. From the $$$ standpoint, the 3.5's are more than likely your best value. I doubt that you will lose much if you decide to sell them. If you really like them, tweak away to your hearts content! I ended up selling my 3.6's for what I paid for them. I've been quite happy with the CLS's combined with a Depth sub for my listening tastes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.